LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have permission to write to the containing LLB. Please help!!!

When I try to exit my program, labview ask me to changes before closing. But when I click "Save-All", labview say "Cannot save VI "clean array.vi". You do not have permission to write to the containing LLB." I already tried the mass compile and it is not working. Please help I really need to solve this problem!!!

Message 1 of 9
(5,857 Views)

Is the LLB write protected?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,830 Views)

How do I check if the LLB is protected?? By the way, what is this error... I really need to solve it because I cannot save my project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,805 Views)

Right click on the file. look at properties. See if read only is checked.

Message 4 of 9
(5,793 Views)

Yes It is check

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,781 Views)
So, I would assume you don't need any more help.
Message 6 of 9
(5,778 Views)

I have the same problem with a LLB. I cannot save a file in it ("You do not have permission to write to the containing LLB"). Under "Properties", "Read-only" is not checked. Under "Security" everybody (Users, Administrators...) has full control.

How can this be fixed? The VIs in the LLB were last saved in LabView 9 and I'm now opening them in LabView 12.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,575 Views)

Were any of the VIs in the llb saved with a password?  Were the VIs saved without their block diagram?

Just coming up with other things I have seen.  Can you post the llb for us to play with?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,572 Views)

Here is what I found out: I had an identical copy of the library on another PC (Win 7, LabView 12) and could save it just fine. The one that I have problem with is in the root directory C:\ of another PC (still Win 7, LabView 12). I tried moving the library to a different folder, other than the root, but I still get the "You do not have permission to write to the containing LLB" when saving it.

I could fix the problem by deleting the copy which I couldn't save and copying the one from the PC where it worked into a folder, other than C:\ in the other PC. But I don't understand what cause it not to be able save it (I have admin privileges on both PCs). Is it something to do with Win 7?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,548 Views)