From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yokogawa wt3000 over LAN, tmctl.dll

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Dear All,

in our project we have to control yokogawa wt3000 using LabView Software. We have used driver from the yokogawa site for the device and it works well via GPIB connection, but not via LAN. We called the support from Yokogawa and National Instruments and found out, that we have to use the tmctl.dll library (see 2 pdf-files in attachment).

I've tried (not sure, about that. It is correctly ?):

Tools -> Import -> DLL

there I've choosed the tmctl.dll and tmctl.h files

and LabView has created a lvlib with several VI's (Tmc ****.vi and x TMC ****.vi)

I've got a couple of questions.

How have I to change the source-code where I use "normal" (yokogawa driver for GBIP) VI's

(do I have to do it ?).

Can I use the driver from yokogawa or have I to write a new one?

What else have I to do?

If you need more information, let me know.

Thank you very much !

Best regards:

Alexander

The files we've got:

tmctl.lib

tmctl.h

tmval.bas

tmctl.bas

TmctlAPINet.dll

ykusb.dll

YKMUSB.dll

USBTMCAPI.dll

tmctl.dll

and TMCTL library user's manual with describtion for using with Microsoft Visual C++

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 49
(8,662 Views)

Perhaps I am not understanding your questions, but it appears that there are two ways to access the functions to control the instrument via Ethernet.

One way is to use Call Library Function Node (Connectivity -> Libraries and Executables) and call the tmctl.cll

The other way is to use the .NET elements (Connectivity -> .NET) and call TmctlAPINet.dll

The readMe text files included with the driver files explains the various functions and parameter lists.

EDIT: It does look like you can create wrapper VIs of some of the functions to control the instrument. If you don't need the functions for which no wrapper VI can be created, then that appears to be the way to go.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 49
(8,646 Views)

I think you also asked this question at customer support in Amersfoort The Netherlands ?

I am working on it to find the cause of your problem. I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 49
(8,635 Views)

It wasn't me 🙂

Thank you for helping me and sorry for my unclear questions.

I'll try it again:

In our source-code we have used several VI's from labview driver for wt3000 (ykwt3000.llb) (for example initialise, set voltage, set current, set/read items and others) and it works correctly over GPIB (or serial) but we need that it works over Ethernet.

We found out, that we have to use the tmctl.dll library but we dont know how to. The describtion in the manual for tmctl-library isn't easy/understandable for me (I'm not familar with Virtual Basic or C++).

The question is how to use the VI's created from tmctl.dll library? Do I have to use only these VI's and have to replace all VI's from driver for GPIB (the driver uses ascii commands).

For example:

to read data over GPIB you can use a Read-VI that send the ascii command ":NUMERIC:LIST:VALUE? 1" and get the values after that, but over Ethernet it doesn't work. What have I to change on the Read-VI or which tmctl-VI have I to use to read the data? And so for all VI's.

I hope my problem is clearer now.

Cheers:

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 49
(8,621 Views)

Hi Alex,

OK, I have a WT3K on my desk working with GPIB and Ethernet.

In MAX you have to add a LAN instrument through a manual entry of a raw socket. Fill in the IP address of the WT3K and use port 10001. Fill in an alias and use that alias as the VISA resource name in the WT3K VI.

If you don't understand above I will make screenshots to make it clearer.

Success, Kees

Message 5 of 49
(8,619 Views)

Sounds good, I'll try it out (unfortunately I can do it first next week, have no access to yokogawa now). 

I can remember, I've used this port but not via MAX (in VISA for initialisation I've used the string: "**:ip_from_wt:10001:**" and sent "IDN?", but the answer string was strange). I hope it is not the same to initialse in VISA with ***:ip:port:***-string and to create a alias in MAX.

Thank you Kees.

I'll let you know, if it works.

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 49
(8,613 Views)

I need help to link the wt3000 to labview by ethernet. I need only read numeric data but I can not establish a connection. can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 49
(8,578 Views)

Hi fcfcfc,

Is the WT3000 present in MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 49
(8,574 Views)

No. I can not add it. I have tried add it but it was not recognized. 

Appear a message to add it offline...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 49
(8,563 Views)

Hi all,

Maybe the attached document will help to add the WT3000 in MAX.

If not just let me know.

Kees

Message 10 of 49
(8,555 Views)