From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y reading low on XY graph

I have an XY graph for airflow vs temp.

It reads temp perfectly but the y axis or lb/min is off by around 1.

I also have an indicator that is taken from the same wire (dynamic data type).

At first I thought maybe it was just lagging behind but after carefully watching it run for some time it is just low.

graph slow words.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,435 Views)

I thought we had been through this already... Get rid of the express VIs (and the purple wires) and then we can talk.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,424 Views)

We really cannot tell what is happening from an image of part of a block diagram.

1. The (evil) Dynamic Data Type prevents you from knowing what is in there. Considering that you are building a graph, it is likely that there are multiple data points, your scalar indicator will only show one - and you have no way to know which one.

2. Neither the indicator nor the Build XY Graph should change any data values. 

3. If there are more points in the plot than pixels across the graph, the graph will reduce the data set to fit the number of pixels.

Posting your VI or a simplified version of it with some typical data saved as default would help us help you.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,422 Views)

... and what's with all that duplicate code????? You can calculate the curve once and then add/subtract a constant at the end.

Message 4 of 5
(2,409 Views)

I was missing the forest for the trees.  Thanks for the advice, I have implemented it.

Opps sorry for that word! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,402 Views)