LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox wired controller not dectected.

Hi, erdc3!

Check out this other post. Someone had a similar issue.

"Query Input Devices" VI problem?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/quot-Query-Input-Devices-quot-VI-problem-Input-Device-Controls/td-p/...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(370 Views)

Chase.E, I am just trying to use the basic INITIALIZE JOYSTICK.vi and JOYSTICKAQUIR.vi. What I changed was a higher level vi of mine.

AvatarAang, thank for that great informational link. I whent out and bought a Logetect F310 game controller, it did not work. But no matter which controller that I use, it shoes up as "Controller (Gamepad F310)".

I do not know how to go about solving this, since I do not fully understand what that link says.  

If this is a easy fix, could you please make a vi for me? I am using it to control a SMD pick-and-place CNC machine.The round blue hole is where I insert a vacuum tube to "suck up" the small parts with a nozzel.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(360 Views)

Hi erdc3,

Did you plug the controller into a different USB port on your computer? Alternatively, did you plug in other USB devices into your computer that may have disrupted the device indexing that was set up when the controller was working? Each device plugged into your computer will be given an index value and changing the devices that are plugged in or what ports they are plugged into may have changed the index value.

An easy way to troubleshoot this if you do not want to dig into the code too much would be to increment the value of the "device index" input to the "Initialize Joystick.vi" until you find the right value. It defaults to zero so you could try 1, 2, 3,...

Nolan H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(341 Views)

I finally just went out and bought a Logitech 310 game controller and have it working now. Thanks for all of the input.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(336 Views)