LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox wired controller not dectected.

Hi All,

I have been attempting to use my orignal xbox 360 wired controller with LabVIEW 2011(32-bit).

Windows7 (64-bit) did its thing and installed the drivers automatically. I can acccess all the functions using the the device manager.

After looking at numerous examples, the joystick query.vi refuses to detect the controller.

After a lot of digging, I see people have had driver conflict issues. Sadly, I wouldn't know where to begin with that sort of stuff.

Anyone run into a similar problem? Should I just cut my loses and by another (different brand) of controller?

Cheers

K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,849 Views)

Hi,

Could you provide a little more information. Can you provide the joystick vi? Also try and download the driver directly from Microsoft and see if that works.

Carl W.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,819 Views)

I too am having this same problem.
I am using XP Ver 2002 Service Pack 3. It was working fine for a couple of days then it just stopped working.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,687 Views)

Have you tried using this Controller with any other applications on Windows? I would hate to say just go out and buy another controller if it is actually a LabVIEW issue. But on the other hand, testing this with another application on Windows will eliminate the possibility of it being a controller that isn't functioning properly or isn't compatible with Windows.

I would also suggest going to Microsoft's website and reinstalling the Xbox 360 Driver for Windows 7 to see if that fixes anything

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,670 Views)

I can successfully use it with other applications. But if I unplug the controller and just run the INITIALIZE JOYSTICK.v, it shows no errors at all. I have downloaded the Windows driver, but for the XP version and not version 7.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,667 Views)

Sorry erdc3, my first post was in response to Kamilan.

You should stick with the Driver version that is compatible with your Windows System. Can you provide more specific information as to what issues you're running into when connecting your devices? 

Also, what changes did you make between the time it worked and when it stopped working?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,654 Views)

It just out of the blue stopped working. All I did was to add a sub-vi that is a webcam viewer. But since then I have multiple times restart my PC and then only tried just using the basic Controller.vi that I had originally posted here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,647 Views)

Did you add the webcam functionality in the same VI as the VI you posted (that interfaces with the joystick)? Please post more details about the code modifications that caused your controller to stop working.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,634 Views)

No, I added the webcam to a higher level vi.

I just do not understand why if I just launch the INITIALIZE JOYSTICK.vi by itself without having the Xbox controller connected up to the PC, that it does not give me an error that it cannot find the controller. It does not show any errors at all.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,630 Views)

Would you happen to have a copy of the VI before you made the change that broke it and then the current version of the VI?

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,618 Views)