From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XYGraph does not show some points. Why?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a very simple code to plot error bars (idea is not mine).

However, points are missing from my plot. Why? The second line is missing.

I have attached pictures of the BD, FP, and the actual code. I had posted this before, but never got an answer. (https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Plot-does-not-show-2nd-point/td-p/2362244)

Sorry for posting again. 

This is driving me insane. The code is just way too simple and I don't see where and how points could be missing.

BD.jpg

FP.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,442 Views)

The line at x=2 shows just fine in LabVIEW 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author murchak

I'd say it's a weird bug.  Looks like you are in LV 2011.  I see it in LV 2012 SP1.

If you set the point style to something besides None, the line then shows up.  You can set it to a very small point style that hardly shows up against the line.

Message 3 of 6
(2,425 Views)

That is really interesting. Can someone try this in LabVIEW 2011? I am really curious if anyone else will face this problem with their 2011 version.

I spoke with NI today to possibly upgrade my 2011 DS to the latest version which would cost $2600.

I wonder if I can call them again for a free upgrade since my LabVIEW 2011 must have issues. (Of course that won't happen).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,419 Views)

Hi murchak,

I tested your VI on LV2011SP1 and see the same display bug as you do.

But I also found a workaround:

- Changing the line width alone doesn't help.

- Changing the point style does help showing the line!

So you need to change the plot style to show points too, even the smallest point is sufficient (and doesn't get recognized by the user)!.

See exported simplified image:

check.png

(I used bigger points for demonstration…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,377 Views)

Thanks GerdW.

RavensFan already suggested this. It works now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,361 Views)