LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graphs

Hi,

I am a new user of labview and I have a problem with my VI, I am trying to plot random data in two xy graphs, in the first graph I plot current time vs random data (between 0 and 1), and in the second samples vs random data. In my first graph all the points stays on the same position and I need to do the same as the second graph. In both cases I want to use the scope chart  updatemode, is that posible?

Can someone help me?, I am reading the labview tutorial and I cannot find the solution.

Another question can someone help me to understand how to use property nodes?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,361 Views)

You read the current time once before the while loop starts, so that value never changes again.

Move it inside the while loop.

Property nodes.  A pretty broad subject.  What is it you are trying to do?  For general knowledge on property nodes, start with some tutorials.

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Message 2 of 5
(2,348 Views)

Hello Daniel1887,

It looks like the issue you're having is that you're using the Get Date/Time function outside of your while loop and passing in a static value.  If you want to constantly update the time, you need to perform that operation inside the loop. 

As for your secondary questions:

Using a scope chart:  A graph and a chart are two separate indicator types.  Charts will maintain a buffer of the data you've written to them and don't require an additional "build" function like the express VIs you're using to build the graphs. Both charts and graphs can be found in the Graphs Control subpalette from the Front Panel.

Using Property nodes:  There is a good video tutorial available here:

Enable Integration LabVIEW Tutorial 17: Property Node (external site)

http://enableintegration.com/blog/labview-tutorial-17-property-node/

Additionally, if you have an up-to-date service contract or are a student, you should have access to NI's online self-paced training, which covers the use of property and invoke nodes fairly extensively.  If you don't have SSP, there is still quite a bit of information available, start with the LabVIEW help and shipping examples.

Regards.

Tom L.
Message 3 of 5
(2,344 Views)

Hi Daniel,

In my first graph all the points stays on the same position

That's because the x value never changes. THINK DATAFLOW!

I need to do the same as the second graph

Then you should use a fixed x value too… 😄

In both cases I want to use the scope chart  updatemode, is that posible?

As you are using a graph (instead of a chart) you cannot use any chart display modes…

help me to understand how to use property nodes?

LabVIEW comes with a lot of example VIs. They also explain the usage of property nodes…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,339 Views)

Thanks to all of you.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,303 Views)