From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph plot line thickness

Hey,

I'm curious if anyone else has crossed this issue before...I have 4 XY graphs that contains two plots each. One plot is raw data that is collected(solid line), and the other is a limit line(dotted line) for the collected raw data. It just so happens that my dotted limit line typically falls on a grid line, making the user unable to see the limit line. I decided to go ahead and make the dotted limit line thicker so I could see it when it falls on the grid line. What happened was completely unexpected, the line becomes thicker, but when I print the plots 2 out of the 4 graphs the grid lines have become much thicker. I am unsure if there is something that I've done wrong or if this is some kind of glitch. Attached are screen captures of 2 out of the 4 plots. One is a plot using the default line thickness, one is the adjusted line thickness(as well as the grid thickness error), and the third is a screen shot of the plots I see on labview during testing. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,120 Views)

What property nodes are you using? Would it be possible for you to upload a screen shot of those nodes?

Also, how are you printing the graphs? 

Shalini M.
Partner Development Engineer
Alliance Partner Network
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,044 Views)

Hey Shalini,

Thank you for the response, I have attached a screen shot of the property nodes used for my XY graphs. I only use the property nodes to set the plot background color and value. As for my method of printing, I have it set to print automatically when the VI's executuion is completed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,011 Views)

I'm not sure why it didn't work for you, but it worked for me.  I've attached a trivial VI that writes "random" data + a constant.  I set the second plot to have a Thick (red) dotted line, and as the Front Panel screen shot shows, that' s what I got.  I then did a Print Window after the VI ran, and got a gray scale image that closely matched the graph, namely thin grid lines and a thick dotted line.

Test Graph Pring.pngTest Graph Print.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,006 Views)