From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph in MS Office Report Express VI

If you want a front panel control pasted into your report, there's an app a VI for that.

save graph.png

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,418 Views)
Please check both the graphs. It seems to be shrinked along horizontal direction, because it doesn't take into account the X values. Also there is one more separate graph plotted for the X values.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,409 Views)

Sorry, I did not pay close enough attention.  You're going to need to not use the Express VI, as it appears to want to do things as a graph instead of an XY Chart.  You can either do what Gregory stated and insert the image into Excel, or learn how to use the lower level Excel Vis and build everything yourself.

Or, better yet, in my opinion, is create the plot in your template using the native Excel objects.  When you fill in your data, your plot will be updated.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,397 Views)

@Matthew_Kelton wrote:

Sorry, I did not pay close enough attention.  You're going to need to not use the Express VI, as it appears to want to do things as a graph instead of an XY Chart.  You can either do what Gregory stated and insert the image into Excel, or learn how to use the lower level Excel Vis and build everything yourself.

I believe that is precisely what I suggested yesterday.  Not only is it easy to use the RGT Excel Functions to do this, but there are existing examples, both within LabVIEW and here on the Forums, that show precisely how to put an Excel graph of LabVIEW data into an Excel Worksheet.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,382 Views)

Thank You Matthew,gregoryj and Bob Schor for the inputs. I am thinking of inserting Excel graph onto my worksheet.
But still i am curious, why the MS office Report Express VI does not support these kind of graphs. Smiley Embarassed 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,351 Views)

@kpitt wrote:

Thank You Matthew,gregoryj and Bob Schor for the inputs. I am thinking of inserting Excel graph onto my worksheet.
But still i am curious, why the MS office Report Express VI does not support these kind of graphs. Smiley Embarassed 

Because it is an Express VI, which is designed to do a few basic things, very simply, so it can be used by beginners who just want to wire something up and have it work.  When you need fine control, you need to use better tools.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,331 Views)