LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY graph Scaling problem

Experts: for some reason the Auto Y axis does not work in parts of my program (even when it is checked to operate). I have data range around 1e-9 but instead the auto range selects a range much larger (5.0) causing my XY graph to appear as a flat line. I have attached an example in labview 6.0. any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,142 Views)
Salutations,

Labview 6.0 eh? Kicking it old school, I like that.

Well, normally auto-scaling doesn't go straight to the lowest value, it normally gives you a bit more space, for visualization purposes, I'd imagine (by 5.0, i'm assuming you mean 5.0e-9). Also, if any value is around that size (5.0, not 5E-9), for whatever reason, it will include it. Hence, if you only have 1 point of 5.0 and everything else is 1e-9, then it will use 5.0 as the max.

Hopefully, 6.0 has the ability to create property nodes. If you're capable of doing this, create a property node to the graph, select Y min or Y max, or Start, you know, whatever makes you happy. After you've made the selection, wire the value that interests you. This could be done by pulling out the min (using the min/max function) and then wiring the min or max to the graph. Then it will use your 1E-9.

Also, if you're using two axis to plot, make sure you're "connected" to the proper axis.

Sincerely,
ElSmitho
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,140 Views)
Thank you El Smitho,
I am using 7.0 however, sometimes other memebers may not be using this version. labview 7.0 can recognize a 6.0 file but not visa versa. therefore, I tend to post in labview 6.0. Thanks I will try your helpful suggestion. Gracias.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,131 Views)