From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph: how to get a major grid line on initial and end points?

Hello there,

is there any way to get Major Grid lines at the first and final point of the X scale values on a XY graph?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,366 Views)

@Dominigomes wrote:

Hello there,

is there any way to get Major Grid lines at the first and final point of the X scale values on a XY graph?

Play with the XY Graph XScale Range properties. Set XScale Minimum and XScale Range Start to the minimum X value, XScale Maximum to the maximum X value and set XScale Increment to (X max - X min)/(number of points - 1).

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,352 Views)

You may also need to turn off "Loose Fit".

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,344 Views)

thank you guys for your answers.

I have tried to adjust the Minimum-maximum-Start properties of the graph but it did not work.

If I set the minimum to -1 and the Start to 0 I get a marker on the 0 but I want the Scale to be visible from 0 as well, not from -1...

I attached a picture in the previous message but it didn't show for some reason...

2015-01-21 13_13_51-Untitled 1 Front Panel _.jpg

Basically, what I need is this same graph but with grid lines on 0 and on 2 🙂

Or, with other words, have a grid line on Scale.maximum and Scale.minimum

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,302 Views)

@Dominigomes wrote:

thank you guys for your answers.

I have tried to adjust the Minimum-maximum-Start properties of the graph but it did not work.

If I set the minimum to -1 and the Start to 0 I get a marker on the 0 but I want the Scale to be visible from 0 as well, not from -1...

I attached a picture in the previous message but it didn't show for some reason...

2015-01-21 13_13_51-Untitled 1 Front Panel _.jpg

Basically, what I need is this same graph but with grid lines on 0 and on 2 🙂

Or, with other words, have a grid line on Scale.maximum and Scale.minimum

Thanks a lot for your help!

You can use this workaround: you probably made the graph background transparent using the Coloring tool. Modify it by setting only the background tranparent and by setting the foreground (or vice versa) the same color as the grid lines.
Untitled-3.png
Ben64
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,291 Views)