LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph building

Solved!
Go to solution

I am making a simulation to a vehicle robot motion, so I have three outputs, where two of them are the X and Y coordinates. So I want to take these two outputs to represent them on the X-Y graph so who see the graph will find a point moves on the XY graph plotting a line or curve whatever will be the plot until it reached a desired point the program will stops where the condition is met.

My problems now are:

• I try to build the graph and what I have is a changing in the X and Yscale with the changing of my values but nothing is plotted inside the graph.
  • the other thing is that I can't put a desired fixed point on the graph so when the moving plot reaches this desired point the program stops execution.

As a note when I activate highlight execution I find the program do what I want but I can't plot that on the graph.

Untitled file is a simple  example of what I did and Untitled 1 is a portion of my real code.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mechanical Engineer

My guess is that because you're plotting only a single point, that the loop executes so fast that you can't track each point.  That's why you can see it when you turn on execution highlighting.  Add a delay if you want to keep the single point approach.  Otherwise, wire a false constant to the Reset? input on the Build XY graph and you'll be able to see all of the points.

P.S. How in the world are you wires so bendy.  

Message Edited by elset191 on 06-02-2009 03:19 PM
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 10
(3,448 Views)
I cleaned up the wires and it looks nice now, It was like that because I was making some modifications on what I did. I will try what your suggestions and I will see. I didn't see the plotting during highlighting, what I said that when I make highlighting I see the program is running properely and the simulation tends to reach the desired point as I want. I know that from the values executed during the program not from the plot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,440 Views)
Oh, I misread your note it seems.  The only other obvious thing is that maybe your scales on the graph are such that the points are not in range to be viewed.  Can you post a vi so we can look at it ourselves?
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,427 Views)
thanx soo much, it begins to work.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,424 Views)

I do it and it works very good. I attach the false constant to the reset option and I used wait function to decrease the speed of execution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,414 Views)
I have another question, how can I put a fixed point on the graph, so when I run the progam the point is on the graph and the plot is plotted.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,410 Views)
Use XY Buffer vi to maintain a buffer of datas and to display the user specified no of datas.
Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,396 Views)
Thanks for reply, but unfortunately I have LV 8.2.1 and your attachement is LV 8.5, so can you resend it again by the lower version so I can open it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,326 Views)
Here you go.
Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,306 Views)