LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph - Two plots overlapping

Hello,

Please find a screenshot attached herewith.

There are two images one is the graph plotted in MS Excel and the other one in LabVIEW.

I could replicate the same as what is obtained in MS Excel except the two plots i.e horizontal lines from point 1-2 & 3-4 .The two plots should be of two different colors. Although I have set them so in the properties tab of XY-graph they are not getting discriminated from the two horizontal plots of P1 & P2 as there is overlapping.

Also I want my graph to show the enthalpy and pressure values as what are shown in the excel graph.

I have also attached my VI in version 8.2.1 for the convenience. Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Snehal Upadhye

CLAD

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,983 Views)

You have a layering problem. You need to arrange the plots in the right oder so the short lines are in front of the long lines. (make the blue horizontal line thinner and you see that the sort line is behind it. Also, the x and y are swapped for the last plot.

(There are also some general programming issues. "index array" is resizable, so you only need one instance. It is sufficient to write the properties once, and not every 300ms. You only neet to write them if the actually change. Besides, if the properties are for the same object, you only need one node. You only change the line width of one plot. Maybe you want to iterate over all plots instead. Resize it for two properties and select the ones you want. If you change the termination condtion to "stop if true" you don't need to invert the button value)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,965 Views)

Here's one possible solution.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,949 Views)

@SuLAB wrote:

Also I want my graph to show the enthalpy and pressure values as what are shown in the excel graph.

You can use annotations.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,940 Views)

Hello Altenbach,

Thanks for the solution.

That is the best possible solution I could ever get with optimized block diagram content.

Kind request to just explain me the reason behind using Re/Im To Complex function as I am not getting exactly what is being achieved by use of that function.

Also regarding "Annotations"-  as I am not using any cursor..is it possible to place Annotations in that case?

Best Regards,

Snehal Upadhye

CLAD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,917 Views)

xy graphs take a variety of inputs. Complex data is probably the simplest structure and it plots IM vs RE.

look at the help for annotations.

Message 6 of 6
(2,905 Views)