From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XY Graph Extensions - Open Source project

Hi people,

Many people ask about extending some of the the LabVIEW graphs with better cursors and other tools.  I've started an open source project to do just that and its got some simple to use examples for Cursors, BGK colors and max/min points already.  Hoping to add more, but wanted to extend the invite to the community for learning from this extension and adding ideas/code to it for making LabVIEW graphs more user friendly.  

Check out the project on github.  Its OpenSource Apache 2.0 license.  Its currently LV2015 in the repository.

https://github.com/unipsycho/Graph-Extensions-LabVIEW

Message 1 of 6
(3,814 Views)

Interesting. But is there any special reason why the time scale increases from right to left?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,793 Views)

nope. The timescale is certainly no factor in the graph extensions tools. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,786 Views)

Made some more progress to support range markers, you can see an example here and get the source from github link above.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,681 Views)

Hi Mike,

nice work!

It would be nice to provide a downconverted version on Git too.

Suggestion:

Your timestamp feature for cursors uses an "English" timestamp format (AM/PM), which is rather uncommon outside US and commonwealth countries.

Please provide an opportunity to make this user-configurable. And I recommend to use "%H:%M:%S" format string as default…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,612 Views)

Good suggestion GerdW, the timestamp I have configurable for the cursors itself, but not on the axis yet.  Easy to add though. I may do a downconvert once this is further alone, but I hate developing in old LV versions so while its in heavy development, I'll stick to 2015, much faster to work in.  Thanks for the suggestion, I hope you can make use of it.  Feel free to contribute or add other ideas as well.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,597 Views)