From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPS Controller

Solved!
Go to solution

I can not use Labview because all my program was written in Matlab and I don't have Labview on my computer neither. I've looed for the real time code in Matlab (or parallel code), but if i want to use that method, I have to buy and install the new toolbox for matlab too. (Parallel Computing Toolbox) and then rewrite my code in real time by diving them into many thread. I've also tried to look in the function "GroupeMove Absolute.m" but in the function script file, i saw that it just called the function from the library from the file .dll. I open the XPS_driver file .dll but I cannot modify it with matlab.
Do you have any other solution for me?

Thank in advance 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 47
(2,071 Views)

I'm afraid you're in bit of bind there. I think in order to issue the abort command you must be using parallel code, so you're just going to have to buy the parellel computing toolbox in Matlab, or use Labview, or something else, such as

the TCL scripting language that Newport recommends in the XPS Controller users manual. You can also use C, C++, VB etc.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 47
(2,060 Views)

Ok thank you for your answer, i will try that 😄

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 47
(2,046 Views)

Hello,Matt,I'm new to Labview.I want to use Laview to control the XPS,but it didn't work.I doubt if there is something wrong with the communication between PC and XPS?Could you tell me how to set it in detail? (English is not my frist language)

Best regards.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 47
(2,032 Views)

Hi Kevin,

I have attached code earlier in the thread demonstrating basic functionaility. If you are having basic troubles and you have thoroughly read the user manual then I suggest you contact Newport technical support.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, when I started with the XPS I was also new and I recommend getting some basic training in Labview, such as Core 1 and Core 2 training modules.

Good luck.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 47
(2,019 Views)

Hello there,Are you Chinese?I want to ask you some questions about XPS Controller in Chinese. Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 47
(2,014 Views)

I'm sorry I only speak english. You really need to contact Newport technical support if you're having a lot of trouble with the XPS controller. If your labview VI is giving you errors, post the VI on here and I can maybe take a look at it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 47
(2,012 Views)

Sorry to trouble you. The version of my Labview is Labview2012,when I run the examples from Newport website, it will be found ERR(-19), and the stages do not move. It troubles me too much time. Please give me some advise. Thank you!

Best regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 47
(1,979 Views)

Are you able to control the stages via the web GUI? The web GUI is explained in the XPS user manual.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 47
(1,975 Views)

Yes, I can,and it is ok.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 47
(1,961 Views)