LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNET - load a database (.dbc) from file at run time

Hi all,

I've just started to use XNET library to create an application for CAN communication.

I want to load a database (.dbc) from a filepath. As shown in the attachement, I know than I can create a database from file with "Browse for Database File...". But how could I define a path for my database in order to load databases at run time.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,327 Views)

Hi,

you can replace constant with control and select Browse For Database File... while your VI is running.

Did you explore some LabVIEW XNET Examples? In LabVIEW examples library, you can find good examples in order to better understand XNET database communication and creation.

From LabVIEW main page, go to Help > Find Examples... In NI Example Finder, navigate to Hardware Input and Output > CAN > NI XNET > Database (Editing and Managing). Here you can find some ggod examples in order to start your application development.

Best Regards

CLA_CUP

NI ITALY

Message 2 of 3
(5,301 Views)

Adding to CLA_CUP's reply:

The VI you're looking for is embedded in the example '/Hardware Input and Output/CAN/NI-XNET/Databases (Editing and Managing)/Exploring Database with Tree'. You'll find it sitting in the center of the case structure.

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 3
(4,766 Views)