LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XL saves a READ ONLY file

when I save a file in XL in the file attached, and later go on to open the file in XL, I am told it is a READ ONLY file. How do I avoid this?

Happy New Year!

Ivanka
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,046 Views)

@IBAHKA wrote:
when I save a file in XL in the file attached, and later go on to open the file in XL, I am told it is a READ ONLY file. How do I avoid this?

Happy New Year!

Ivanka

Hi Ivanka !

Where did you get the Read from XL7 vi ? Since I could not find it, just a guess :
There is some chance that this vi has problems opening a txt document, since that is the kind of file you have created with the Write chars to file vi, even if an xls extension was added.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,045 Views)
While I am unable to view the VI since it is 7.x (I have 6.0.2 at work) I am wondering if maybein that VI that chilly charly could not see it not closing the ActiveX components completely.

When I have had errors in a VI I am testing and it does nto completely close all the components I would have this problem.

As for Reading in the TXT file you can set the ActiveX to know it is a TXT file and load it correctly. You can also do that when you save if you desire.

Jeff
Jeff D.

Certified Architect LabVIEW Champion DQMH Framework

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,032 Views)