LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X series device synchronization

Hello,

I have a simple problem and cannot find any solution:

I have two PCIe-6320 devices connected with RTSI cable. The cable is registered and works correctely.

I create two analog input tasks and synchronize them with OnBoard Clock- it wirks correctly.

Now when I try to add counter output task (to generate 12 pulses for SSI encoder) I get error -89137.

What clock should I use to run analog and digital task in the same time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)

Dear vcb,

First of all, let me welcome you to the NI forums. I am looking forward to work with you on solving the issue.

For the first step I recommend you to read this KB about the specific error code, it may help: 

Why Do I Get Error 89137 "Specified route cannot be satisfied..." When Routing PFI Lines Over RTSI?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A7A4024278353BF7862570230072C6E1

It is also important to note that the routing in your case is 10MhzRefClock to RTSI0, (it is not wired to Sample Clock in your VI). 

You could also check the DAQmx Device Configuration palette, where you can use an API to route within the device. It is generally adviced to do RTSI signal sharing in the following way:
Use DAQmx Export Signal.vi and/or DAQmx Export Signal Property Node

There you have a property for TimeBase sharing. In the other device, if you wire a constant to you TimeBaseSrc, you can right click the constant -> I/O Name Filtering.. --> Include Advanced Terminals
This way you get access to more options. From there you can specify RTSI0 as TimeBase.

Please let me know if you found these information useful, and/or if you need more help with the issue.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter L.
National Instruments Hungary
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,141 Views)