From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong object file in cintools directory for LabVIEW for MacOSX?

Solved!
Go to solution

I downloaded the evaluation version for LabVIEW for Mac OSX and am trying to use that to compile a framework shared library that also call LabVIEW manager functions.

The evaluation download claims to be LabVIEW 2014 32 Bit and I setup a frameowrk project in Xcode that should result in a framework for the i386 architecutre. But when I try to link to the lvexporst.a file in the cintools/Mac-O directory, Xcode complains that the object archive is not in the required architecture (i386). Looking at the lvexports.a file with "otool -vt <file path>" shows various object files in there with x64 as part of the name!

Could it be that LabVIEW 32 bit for MacOSX is shipping with the 64 bit versions of those object files??

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,075 Views)

Further testing shows that this seems indeed a x64 bit object file, since when I change the framework project to create a x64 target the linker error goes away. Of course a 64 bit only framework is not very useful to test with the 32 bit evaluation version of LabVIEW!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,046 Views)

Would be nice iif someone from the AE departement could take a look at this. I tested it now with a full LabVIEW 2014 for Mac installation and there is the same problem. The liblvexports.a file in cintools/Mach-O is for both installations (32 bit and 64 bit) a 64 bit object library. Definitely a bug!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,995 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rolfk

This has been reported and confirmed as a bug in LabVIEW 2014 SP1 for Mac.

CAR #52530

Intermediate solution is to use the file from LabVIEW 2014 or erlier which is a fat binary and supports both architectures.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,954 Views)