LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong item enable in ENUM variable

Hi guys as in my previous post I mentioned that I want to change selection of one enum variable depending on another and I got the idea of using property node disable item but when I am using that the value which is disable keep on getting selected. Not able to understand why it is happening???? Waiting for suggestion..
Thanks and Regards

Niladri

P.S. I am attaching my VI along with the post..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,022 Views)

Dear Newbee_2,

Maybe I can not totally understand your problem so correct me if I'm wrong. Your problem is when you select an item from the "Select_Sensors" enum, the "Select Command" is updated, but when you choose a different item in the "Select Command" the new value does not kept, it switches back the previous value?

For example: Accelometer Sensos is selected at first and 1.5 K Ohm will be set as default in the Select Command ring. I selected a different Command and it switched back to 1.5 K Ohm.

In this case the proble is not in the property nodes, it is in your code structure. Use Event structures within the while loop, and register an event for "Select Sensors". When Select Sensors event fired, Update the Select Command enum value and properties. 

You are currently using while loop which continuously run in every iteration so the Select Sensors - Value case runs every time. i.e.: Accelometer Sensor case updates your Select Command value. This is the reason why 1.5 K Ohm value is set every time.

I hope it helps.

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,018 Views)

I think it will work but today I am working on different system will.... Look into it tomorrow...

Thanks and regards..

Niladri

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,989 Views)