LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing trigger event time to file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to LabVIEW.  I have been modifying the acq_graph_voltage_dig.vi that I found to trigger recording using a digital trigger with a set number of pretrigger and posttrigger samples being recorded.  I have added VIs to open, write to, and save a tdms file with this data.  I want to be able to record when the trigger actually occurred, either as a separate channel or just as an event to mark when the trigger occurred in the file.  I know that I can figure this out based on the pretrigger sample number, but this is something I will likely be changing as I record.  I will only have one trigger per file.  Anyone have suggestions on how I could record the trigger instance?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shelby

Hi shelby,

I assume that you just want the timestamp of when the trigger occurred and then you'll write this value to file. If so, you can change the read position to the reference trigger, read one sample, and the record the timestamp of that sample to the end of your file. A picture is shown below as well as an edited version of the VI you were using. I didn't add any file I/O to the example as I assume you already have this part figured out. I hope that helps!

Message Edited by lion-o on 10-21-2008 02:23 PM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,467 Views)