From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to/ reading from a .csv file in an I/O operation

I am working with a Lakeshore 331 temp controller in Labview 2013 and need to be able to write the program so that a .csv file (from Excel) can be written to the computer (reading from the 331's current parameters) and read from the computer and written to the 331 (new parameters). This .csv file will be in a 2D format with different parameter types in the cloumns and with different parameter values in the rows. I am using the drivers provided by Lakeshore. I have tried making this work, but my only success has been to set up an array indicator with a Read Spreadsheet function reading from a test file on the computer. That didn't help me. Any ideas are welcome.  

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,609 Views)

A csv file is a text file.

csv = comma-separated values

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,600 Views)

So are you reading the data controller and writing it to the file? or vice versa?

The best thing is to try implementing what you want and then post your code and ask specific questions.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,598 Views)

This is about the simplest form of reading/writing to a csv file. Once all of this is done then you will need to find a way of automating the transfer of information from the PC to the 331.

Is it essential that you use a CSV to store the data? Otherwise I might recommend using a .ini and using all of the inbuilt config file VIs to handle the exchange and storage of the applied settings.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Thanks for replying. I will be reposting this because my boss changed the requirements for the program and I will try to incude a mock .vi of the problem.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,543 Views)