From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to TestStand Station Globals

Hi,

I've posted this in the LV board, but realise it may be better suited to the TestStand one...

I want to write to a TestStand Station Global from within LabVIEW.  I can read from Stations Globals using the method given here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-11447 but can't work out how to write to them.

Is it possible? If so, how?

Any help gratefully received,

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,123 Views)

I've only used TestStand a handful of times, but can't you modify that example to use SetValString property (or any of the other SetVal properties) instead of the GetValString?  Just a guess.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,117 Views)

Yes, I'm in the process of trying that, but haven't had much luck...

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,113 Views)

There should be a TestStand palette in your LabVIEW.  In there is a TestStand - Set Property Value.vi.  There is also a TestStand - Get Property Value.vi.  Those will make your life a lot easier.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,110 Views)

I've had some luck - in so far as I can get LabVIEW to update a Station Global in TestStand.

What I'd really like to be able to do is update it on multiple occasions from within a single VI - see my attached example.

Is this possible?

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,095 Views)