LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing to Labview Measurement FIle creates a tab in front

I am just writing some random data as an array to Labview Measurement File without the time value. But I notices that the data has been formatted with a tab infront which I dont want. I changed the settings of the file to have no time column. I have atached screen shots-in German

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,458 Views)

Hi GoKu,

so you create an empty time column ("Leere Zeitspalte") and you wonder about getting an empty column in front? Really?

(Measurement data should always (or: most often) contain timestamps - so why do you want to get away without them?)

There are reasons why you will often/sometimes will get the recommendation to get rid of ExpressVIs: they are made for a very specific purpose! Anything beyond/out of scope of the ExpressVI will get you into troubles when still using them…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,451 Views)

Hi ****Knight of NI***********GerdW

There's another LVM file that does not have empty column or time values. The file is for list of constants to be used later. I know i could do it with a simple text file but I want to know how to create a file like in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,435 Views)

Hi GoKu,

this small LVM file looks like a CSV file, that has been renamed to *.lvm…

Evidence: the header section described here is missing!

Solution: Use WriteSpreadsheetFile and give the file the suffix "lvm".

(But on the other hand I don't recommend to use wrong and misleading suffixes for such files…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,417 Views)