From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing fits files

I am trying to write a routine that will create a fits file.  The problem I seem to have is that when the data array is stored in binary format it is using line returns and new page codes.  I want to append the data ( a 1024x1026 array) to an ascii header and save that as a fits file.  filename.fits. 

Bob
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,381 Views)
What is a .fits file? I don't think it matters, though. What function are you using to write the file? You say "when the data array is stored in binary format", but then say that you want to append the data to an ascii header, so it's not clear if you're trying to use the Write Text File or Write Binary File function. If you're using the Write Text File, the likely problem is that the function is, by default, set up to convert the EOL character to be platform dependent. To turn this off, right-click on the function and select the menu item "Convert EOL". The icon will change:

If you're using the Write Binary File then no conversion of your character would happen.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 07-30-2007 10:54 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,373 Views)

Hi Bob,

Do you have an example program I can use to save data in a FITS file? I'm able to save it but not in a format MaxIM DL will open for some reason.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,975 Views)

This may be helpful:

Labview FITS library

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,391 Views)