LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing digital data to spreadsheet

Hi,

I want to write a digital waveform ( which is the output from the NI HSDIO Express - Acquisition) to an excel file. The NI HSDIO Express - Acquisition is inside a 'For' loop and it generates the digital waveform for every iteration.

I am currently, displaying the digital waveform in the 'digital waveform graph' and when the program is running, I right click the waveform window (in front panel) and select export -> Export data to Excel. But I want the writing to the excel sheet to happen iteratively without me doing 'Export data to Excel' for every iteration.

Can anyone please help me as to how to write the digital waveform output directly to Excel sheet iteratively?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,599 Views)

Use the Write Waveforms to File VI to write to a tab delimited text file.  Excel can open those up just fine.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,589 Views)
Thanks for that suggestion. But that works only for analog waveform. But mine is a digital waveform and it's conflicting the data type. So any other suggestion?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,537 Views)

That VI should accept the digital waveform.  Did you try to wire up a digital waveform up to it?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,535 Views)