LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing data from a multicolum list box to .lvm file

As part of a user interface I'd like to have operators enter data in a multicolum list box (3 columns). At the appropriate time I want the data to be saved in a .lvm file.

Wiring the list box output to the signal input of the Write LabView measurement file isn't working so I suspect I'm missing an interim step.

Your advice is appreciated.

todd
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,258 Views)
LVM files can only be written from the dynamic data type, which internally is an array of waveforms. Hence, any kind of numeric data that can be converted into a double precision float can be wired. Strings (or e.g. time stamps) cannot be used immediately - they need to be converted. Wire the string array to a "fract/exp string to number" function which will take care of the whole array, given that all entries can be converted to numbers. Configure the Express VI to not write time columns.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,258 Views)
Hey Todd,

The Write LabVIEW measurement file express VI is built on top of other LabVIEW VIs for writing to file. If you open the help for the Express VI it lists the VIs and functions the Express VI utilizes. If the data you want to write does not work with the Express VI you can always use these VIs directly. LabVIEW ships with lots of examples for writing to file that may be helpful to look at. You can find these by going to Help >> Find Examples.

I hope this helps!

Sarah Miracle
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,258 Views)