cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing and reading from same excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.

I wanted to write some measured values to the excel sheet and after doing some calculation there I want to read the same file.

Can I do this? Or there is any better way of performing the same task.

Kindly help.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,513 Views)

Are you going to use the MS Excel file or a tab delimited file?. Any way you can read and write to the same file but you need to maintain the file position so that when you write again yor data will not be overwritten

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,505 Views)

Thanks Anand

I am going to use a MS Excel file.

But I first want to write to it and then modify it so that I could read the modified version back and display on the front panel.

How will this work.

Sorry new to Labview. So deep questions.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,501 Views)

If you want to use MS Excel you have lot work compared to the delimited files. You have 2 option Report Generation and ActiveX you can choose one and do it. In Excel Board you have all the examples required to do, what is the purpose for you to go for a MS Excel file any specific reason?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,498 Views)

Thanks Anand.

I actually need to find out the difference in the values measured , as in x2-x1.. x3-x2. So thought of doing in Excel only as I could not find a better way in Labview as I m looping it  . Pretty new to Labview..So struggling Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,471 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shubhi

For doing this you do not need a file. Check the attached example I guess this would work

Diff 1.png

Diff 2.png

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,459 Views)

Hmmmm....this sounds familiar...http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Difference-of-measured-values/m-p/2132166

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,454 Views)