From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing To Excel Row by Row

I'm using LabVIEW 8.2 and I have the Microsoft Report Tool kin. I can open the template and save it with a new name, I can write the date in to the date cell on all three worksheets. But what I can not seem to figure out is how to get the test results into the worksheets. I run a looping test that returns 15 parameters for each serail number. The data area starts at cell A7 with the serial number, then 15 more columns.
We want the vi to just keep adding rows untill shut down. We were just saving all the data to a text file, so I have all the parameters sitting there as local variables but can't get them to jump over to the excel file.
Any pointers?
Thanks
TeBlues
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,127 Views)
I have not done this with the toolkit yet but there is a shipping example that shows how to do it called write table to XL.

For more information and some sample VI's and tool kits, you can go to the excel board

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,120 Views)