LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write waveform to file issues

Solved!
Go to solution

It looks like I've figured it out for the most part. I found out I was using the wrong command anyway, I should have been using "export waveform to spreadsheet file" so that the information was actually legible. The only problem I am still facing is that the program is not creating the file name based on run date and is rather asking for user input once the first iteration of the loop is completed. I removed all of the colons and dashes from the time stamp so the file names should only be numbers but it still doesn't automatically generate the names.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(502 Views)

I may have a clue: Does every directory in the path exist? Open File or the equivalent inside Write (or Export) to File does not create folders or directories. If any folder or directory in the path does not exist an error will occur.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(500 Views)

Remove the "\" from the cancatinate string.  The Build Path will take care of that for you.  But that extra \ is the reason for your <Not a Path>, which then causes your dialog.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(484 Views)