cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to spreedsheet file from DAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm making a program to acquire data from a DAQ, I made a programm and get the information whit a Write LabVIEW measurement file but it's impossible to change the header, for that reason, now I'm trying to make it whit a write to spreedsheet file.vi to introduce it the label which I want, but I dont know why my program doesn't generate a file from write top spreedshet.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,871 Views)

Hi Antonio,

I dont know why my program doesn't generate a file from write top spreedshet.

I guess it could generate a file…

WriteToSpreadsheetFile has a lot more inputs than just to 1D array you wired to it. Did you read the LabVIEW help for this function?

Do you mind to wire all needed inputs of this function?

Why do you convert the DDT wire to a 1D array when you measure 3 channels with 8k samples each?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,851 Views)

Hi GerdW thanks for your response,

I want to create a text file with a header one chanel under that header, a new header and 2channel and a final header and 3channel.

I read labview help, but it doesn't solve my problem and I dont know how can I do that

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,839 Views)

I got a file with data from DAQ but this block only has the option tu use a header that you cannot change.

My doubt is if there is any possibility to change header text to put the text I need because I will use the text file with another software which need an specific text to run

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,848 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author antoniosaninge

What about doing this after the file with the wrong header is created?

New Header.png

Or using whatever the line termination character happens to be.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,840 Views)

You are using Express VIs (which limit what you can do) and have chosen to write a text-base LabVIEW Measurement (.lvm) file that has a specific form/format defined by NI.

If, instead, you do your own file I/O, you can write the file in whatever format you desire.  If you choose wisely, you can come up with something that is (a) easy for a human to read (which means text-based or perhaps an .xlsx file opened in Excel), (b) easy to parse, and (c) easy to maintain and modify.  It will be slightly "non-standard", but it is not hard to develop and will do what you want, not what you have to do.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,819 Views)

Thanks a lot minions, I have used a similar programm and it solved my problem!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,802 Views)