LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to measurement file, adding column name in text file.

Hello,

Is it possible to add own column name for a text file using Write to measurement file function?

In the created file I have three different columns (I want to name them Time/Voltage/Date&Time).

Maby I should choose different write option like write to spreadsheet?lv.png

Message 1 of 29
(5,077 Views)

Write to spreadsheet is common,  format into file allows a lot of flexability (especially with timestamps.)  Lately, I've been very happy with the TDMS file functions and features you might want to peek into the example finder and look that over and sell yourself on the flexibility to veiw while collecting data.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 29
(5,067 Views)

I've done a little research but I can't find out if I use write to spreadsheet function can I add push button so the file register data only when the button is pushed?

Message 3 of 29
(5,062 Views)
Of course. That's a trivial exercise in LabVIEW. Do you know about event structures or case statements? Have you taken any of the numerous free tutorials?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29
(5,057 Views)

Ohh, well stupid I. I was so focused on Write to measurement file that I forgot abut the rest. I think I need coffee break right now.

Message 5 of 29
(5,051 Views)

Sorry for double post.

I'm facing a problem with data display, I saved it as .csv format.

The problem is that the columns should be separated but they are not. Why ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 29
(5,030 Views)

You are going to have to post some actual code if you want us to help here.  Otherwise it is a complete shot in the dark.  Posting an example CSV file of what you have and what you want would also be beneficial.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 29
(5,021 Views)
Attach an image of the block diagram and text file, please.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 29
(5,020 Views)

plik2.png

Message 9 of 29
(5,004 Views)

Hi mrcn,

place a probe on the wire after ConcatenateStrings function and you will see why this happens…

It's a bad idea to put the delimiter char in your strings on your own (as you did with the column headers) and it's a bad idea to concatenate strings which should build an array of strings…

Using ReplaceArraySubset doesn't provide any advantage here…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29
(4,997 Views)