From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to file

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for the discussion.  pistonbones, it would be helpful to see the block diagram of your final solution just to tie everything together.  Would you post it?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25
(1,153 Views)

Give me a few days I will post it when I get a free moment. Hopefully it helps you out.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(1,136 Views)

Hello all,

I have been trying to make my Labview write data away at different times. I am using a more complex VI, but scaled down to a simple one because I want to get the hang of this. I am using the default settings (1000 Hz and 1000 samples) which makes my excel write down every 0.001 s.

In attachment are 2 pictures ( a more complex one and a simple one). The more complex one works and takes a sample every 10 seconds. I tried to remake this one (because I had to add some channels), I first did it step by step. This didnt work. Then copy past, still measurements every 0.001 s. This trick with the `wait ms` goes to the `enable` port of the measurement file

So I made the simple one with the suggestions above, and it still doesnt work. I followed all the remarks about tick the mark about resetting the clock. I have a feeling there is a fundamental thing I dont understand well enough to finish this thing.

Anyone that can help me? I just want to take samples at interval times of 1s, or 10 s or .... Not at every 0.001 second. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25
(1,019 Views)

My DAQmx settings in attachment as well and the timing settings as chosen in the Measurement and automation explorer. It says 300 samples, but I changed this to 1000 in the block diagram (post above).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(1,018 Views)

I also attached a recording button to the measurement block. This is green all the time, showing continuous measurements.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25
(1,016 Views)
It seems senseless to post your ' complicated' one. It shows nothing of your data acquisition task. Posting just images of Express VIs is also a waste of time but at least you explain that your sample rate is 1000/sec. That, of course means you take a sample every .001 seconds so it seems the recording is exactly correct.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(1,011 Views)

Thanks dennis for the fast answer, you are right. in attachment the two programs. Like you said, I played arround with the Hz and changed it to 1. Now I get my measurements like I want in the Pyrolysis copy trial secundo file ( for example every 4 seconds)

BUT in the pyrolysis updated 5 august 2013 test, I get a measurement every 10 seconds. While the Hz is at 1000. 

What is the difference, I think there are more elegant ways in doing this? I understand there is some overriding of the 1000 no? Id like to get a hold of this...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(1,004 Views)

Offhand, don't you think taking the mean of 1000 samples is going to reduce the number of samples somewhat?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(997 Views)

Yes denis, I could do that.

Any idea why those 2 programs give different sampling times, since their samples per channel and sampling rate is the same? Trying to get a hold of it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(980 Views)
Throws hands up, shakes head, and walks away.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(974 Views)