From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to System Log VI - Mac OS X

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble finding the messagess in the Console app. Can somebody help me how to locate them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zkiss

I have never used that VI but I tried a few things. 

I can find messages in System Log Queries >> All Messages or in Files >> system.log.

Console sidebar.png

Those present chonological listings of messages from many sources. My message was "another message for warning" and it appears like this:

Console list.png

However, when the severity is set to Informational, no message appears in the Console log. Errors and Warnings are saved to system.log.

I could not find any reference to nierrorlog as described in the LV Help.  I suspect that that name may be used only on one OS.  The Help could be less ambiguous.

Lynn

Message 2 of 4
(3,413 Views)

Thanks Lynn, I figured it out with your help. I would like to add that system.lg can be read only by an admin user.

@johnsold wrote:

I have never used that VI but I tried a few things. 

What are you using instead? Just plain write to text file?

Zoli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,408 Views)

Zoli,

I never had any reason to log errors to something like system.log. Data usually gets written to TDMS files or text files.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,387 Views)