cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Spreadsheet adding extra rows in csv file

Solved!
Go to solution

@James.M wrote:

A good rule of thumb when working with VISA or other instruments that are communicating with strings is to add an indicator in there that shows you the output and configure the indicator to be "\" display (right-click menu option). This will show you all of the whitespace characters in "\" format. Line feeds are "\n", return key is "\r", space is "\s". Those whitespace characters have caused me a lot of grief in the past.

Don't forget "\t" for tab.

I also find the Hex view for the string indicator very useful as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,152 Views)

Ah yes, tab.

The only time I use Hex view is when my instrument uses hex commands, which usually isn't the case. Hex is such a pain to read.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,148 Views)

@_natalie_ wrote:

The reason I am saving each time is because I want the data to save if I have to click stop.

The solution to this is to create a state machine where the clicking the stop button sends you to a state where the file is colsed and the VI exits.  You can expand on the concept by going to this same state state if you encounter an error.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,111 Views)