cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Serial with VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I am now searching quite a time to solve my problem, but i couldn't find anything working for me. I try for the first time to set up a Serial communication via the VISA VIs to my arduino uno board. I was following the most simple examples i could find, but nothing worked so far. I attached my minimal example. I figured it should actually work simple as that...

The thing is:

- The serial communication with my arduino works in principle. It does what it should do using the Serial monitor coming along with the Arduino IDE

- Using my vi nothing happens

- The return count is always showing 0. I thought it should show the actual size of the buffer. So my guess is that the vi is just not writing anything to the buffer.

I know that there are tons of other posts about serial communicationvia visa between labview and ardunio, but all i could understand from them is that my way of using the vis should actually work.

Anybody can see my mistake?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wombat85

Ok, nevermind. For sure, right after posting I tried the thing that helped: You can't have the Arduino IDE and LabView open at the same time. Both trying to get access to the same COM-port won't work... As I see it, it was all my problem. Sorry for bothering 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,395 Views)