LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Measurement File Multi-File Termination Settings

I'm trying to get a better understanding of the File Termination settings for the Write to Measurement File Express VI...What is the difference between Segments and Samples?  And If I Select multiple File Termination setting will they all reset back to 0/default when one of them activates a new_file?

I want to generate a file with multiple COLUMNs of data and one Segment Header at the top.  I then want a new file to be created whenever it reaches 1048576 ROWs of data (Max size for Excel 2007 to read) - is this Samples or Segments? OR generate a new File every week (168 hours), if the Max Samples/Segments have not been reached.

When i Select both "After n Samples/Segments" and "At specified interval", will it reset the 168 hour interval back to 0 whenever a new file is created from reaching n Samples/segments or will the time interval keep going uninterupted and create a odd sized file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,256 Views)

Hi Mikep815,

I think the below link will provide you some additional information on your questions: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4139/en/

If I understand correctly, your 1048576 limit would be a sample setting. Also by using the time interval setting the time count will reset after the new file is created.

Hope this helps.

MJ
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,194 Views)