LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Strip Chart Historical Data to MS Office Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

I am in need of sending data that was collected in a strip chart to a MS Office Word chart.  I am sending other data to the MS Word report, but I am struggling with the chart plots.  I'm not exactly sure how to get the data from the strip chart to the MS Word chart.  I appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,234 Views)

@edwardt4482 wrote:

I am in need of sending data that was collected in a strip chart to a MS Office Word chart.  I am sending other data to the MS Word report, but I am struggling with the chart plots.  I'm not exactly sure how to get the data from the strip chart to the MS Word chart.  I appreciate any help.

If you're using Report Generation, you might want to use "Word Easy Graph"... However there is a known issue, so you can also think of an alternative.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,215 Views)
Solution
Accepted by edwardt4482

To get the chart data can depend on how thedata waas gathered. One way is to use the history data property node (1D array). You can create an index vector and use it to create a 2D array with the history data. As moderator1983 said you can then use the Word Insert Graph vi if you have the Report Generation Toolkit.

Strip chart to Word.png

Ben64

Message 3 of 3
(2,197 Views)