LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write ALL XY Data to Spreadsheet

Hi

I have 4 XY Plots I would like to export to a spreadsheet, following this procedure or something similar:

1. Run
  2. Stop BOTH While loops (to stop collecting data)
  3. Save all data from all 4 XY Plots to the SAME spreadsheet.  (preferably with a prompt for a filename and location to save)

I know I can Right-Click to export individual XY Plot data.  However my goal is to export all my data at once.  My labview experience is very limited, so any detailed advice is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,042 Views)

@pinto9 wrote:

Hi

I have 4 XY Plots I would like to export to a spreadsheet, following this procedure or something similar:

1. Run
  2. Stop BOTH While loops (to stop collecting data)
  3. Save all data from all 4 XY Plots to the SAME spreadsheet.  (preferably with a prompt for a filename and location to save)

I know I can Right-Click to export individual XY Plot data.  However my goal is to export all my data at once.  My labview experience is very limited, so any detailed advice is appreciated. 

To the same spreadsheet?

What does that mean?  8 columns of data?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,013 Views)

Hi Pinto9,

My name is Jonathan & I work within the Applications Engineering Department at NI in the UK. 

I understand you want to write your xy plots to a spreadsheet file, i have looked at your code and i am slightly confused, are you taking 4 measurements from your daq assistant express vi?

I have attached an image of your code using a technique which may help you, by using the build xy graph express VI it produces problems with unbundling the clusters due to the array and elemnt size so what you have to do is index the array to extract a specific amount of elements and then you can use the 'Write to spreadsheet file' to format the data into a exel readable format.

you may also find the following forum links helpful too:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/save-xy-data-1array-of-cluster-of-2-double-into-a-spreadsheet/td-p/1...

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Exporting-XY-Graph-to-Excel-Spreadsheet/td-p/1646262

I hope this resolves your issue and if you have any questions please comment back

cheers

J

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,012 Views)

Hi 

I was looking for a simply way to replace the following procedure for all my XY Plots:

Exporting Graph Data to Excel After VI Has Run

I have two while loops, 1) for a load cell 2) string potentiometer

The DAQ Assistant is ouputing values from 1 channel (i.e. from a load cell).  I am generating my own X-values (i.e. time) and then plotting the load cell values.  1 plot shows raw values, 1 plot filtered.

The VISA resource is for the string potentiometer.  Here again, there are two plots, 1 for filtered data and 1 for raw data.

The problem with your solution is that I seem to have to save every point in a new file.  I guess I will just try this procedure every time 

Exporting Graph Data to Excel After VI Has Run

, as it seems complicated to program this automatically.   Thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,973 Views)