LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with two pic-servo for contro of two motors

Hello

I´m trying read two pic-servo motor controller board with SSA-485, my problem is when I try conect two, because with one I can read the encoder and control the motor, but I need conect two for two motors.

I understand that I need to set address with the VI cmd, but appear error with the send data bytes.
Can someone help me?

Here I leave part of my program, is too basic and my idea of set address.

Regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,373 Views)

Hey lupiita_sopa!

What are you using to read this servo motors?

What error are you encountering?

I open your VIs, but there are some VIs missing for me to understand what are you using to read this encoders data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,303 Views)

I downloaded VIs from jrkerr page, especially the VI cmd is who do it all but with different combinations.
Errors that i have are two:
1. When I say at cmd that take set address like activity, I need to introduce data byte, because the error show me is wrong data byte. Well when I introduced that error disappear then
2. Next error show me is RS232 time out, but in inicializing VI,

And I dont find why?
Thanks for you answer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,298 Views)
Thanks for giving more insight about this, Well the timeout error is being because the program is not being able to communicate to the device you are trying to connect. Is the command correct? this would depend on your device. Suggestions: 1. Check the command list to communicate with your device 2. Check the type of data your device accepts 3. Try a VISA example from LV and try to communicate with it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,289 Views)