LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with JPEG's

I am working with NI Knight's JPEG reader that allows me to load multiple jpegs, resize and display them, however I am having some issues as I am trying to customize this VI library for my own use. I cannot seem to add a control that I can link in the Untitled.VI so that I can change the height and width of the images and the containing window. I also am unsure of how to make a direct path search for the image location within this vi. Any help is appreciated. I have attached the file below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,611 Views)

Hi Allan,

who is "NI Knight"?

I cannot seem to add a control that I can link in the Untitled.VI so that I can change the height and width of the images and the containing window.

The "containing window" (you talk about this array of 2D image indicators, don't you?) is set in the main VI (aka your "untitled" VI). No need to set it in the subVI…

The size (width/height) of the images is scaled in the subVIs. You already send this information to the subVI, using the DrawArea property node.

Btw. why do you read this property instead of your "Draw Area Size" cluster control? (The same for the number of rows/columns…)

I also am unsure of how to make a direct path search for the image location within this vi.

What is a "direct path search"?

Right now you read all JPEGs from a given folder. What else do you need?

Btw. there is a function named GetFileExtension. Using it would simplify your file loading routine quite a bit!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,563 Views)