cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't show custom project template

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to create the simplest possible project template, just to get an idea how it works according to directions in this document. It doesn't appear in the create project dialog. I'm probably missing something obvious, can anyone help? 

The attached zip file is my <LAbVIEW data>\ProjectTemplates folder, written in LV14 64 bit. It simply has a project with one VI called Test and the metadata for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danielle

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.”
― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,138 Views)

I believe your filter is not correct. Try Templates:Desktop and reboot LV. You should see it after. Otherwise I don't see any mistake in the paths...

Regards,

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,131 Views)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. I tried changing Templates to Templates: Desktop and rebooted LV (not my computer). Still doesn't show.

Thanks,

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,126 Views)

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why it doesn't work?

Thanks,

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,087 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dsavir

Hi Danielle,

I was able to get your test template to show up in my LabVIEW by changing a couple of things around. In your XML file, I deleted the spaces in between the brackets and added in a couple of "yes" statements. I've attached the working .xml as a .txt file. I changed it around based on some of the existing .xml files that came with LabVIEW. Hope this helps. Have a good day.

Paul C

Paul C
Message 5 of 6
(3,048 Views)

Thanks Paul! works perfectly!

Danielle

― Terry Pratchett
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,022 Views)