LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without NI DAQ device- how to get data from MSP into labVIEW and process it

Hi,

I do not have an NI DAQ device. I have an MSP430 and my sensor is an ADXL335 Accelerometer. How do I get data from my MSP into labVIEW and process it?

Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. I'm having a hard time finding resources on labVIEW that don't involve NI specific DAQs. 

Thanks in advance,

Aziz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,773 Views)

Can you package your data as ascii or xml or in a known binary packet? 

Can you transfer it to a LabVIEW computer via TCP or Serial communications?

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,733 Views)

www.ni.com/idnet

Are there drivers made for your device already so you can talk to it that way?  Otherwise, how do you communicate with the device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,718 Views)
You've hardly provided any information. Do you just have the micro and need to design and build a circuit board for it? You would then need to decide on the physical connection to a pc. Is it an evaluation kit with an existing connection? If so, what type? Other than this processing that you want to do, most of your programming is going to be with c and the ide that comes for the micro. This board is not the correct place to ask questions related to that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,695 Views)

There are many ways to get data into LabVIEW that do not involve NI-DAQ devices.

I think your easiest option would be to stream it via serial port if the data rate isn't too fast.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,665 Views)