From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without NI DAQ device- how to get data from MSP into labVIEW and process it

Hi,

I do not have an NI DAQ device. I have an MSP430 and my sensor is an ADXL335 Accelerometer. How do I get data from my MSP into labVIEW and process it?

Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. I'm having a hard time finding resources on labVIEW that don't involve NI specific DAQs. 

Thanks in advance,

Aziz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,769 Views)

Can you package your data as ascii or xml or in a known binary packet? 

Can you transfer it to a LabVIEW computer via TCP or Serial communications?

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,729 Views)

www.ni.com/idnet

Are there drivers made for your device already so you can talk to it that way?  Otherwise, how do you communicate with the device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,714 Views)
You've hardly provided any information. Do you just have the micro and need to design and build a circuit board for it? You would then need to decide on the physical connection to a pc. Is it an evaluation kit with an existing connection? If so, what type? Other than this processing that you want to do, most of your programming is going to be with c and the ide that comes for the micro. This board is not the correct place to ask questions related to that.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,691 Views)

There are many ways to get data into LabVIEW that do not involve NI-DAQ devices.

I think your easiest option would be to stream it via serial port if the data rate isn't too fast.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,661 Views)