LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire "Hidden" behind structure in LabVIEW 2014

I hide wires behind structures because NI dings me for "Unnecessary Bends" when I take the CLD.  But then...they ding me for hiding wires behind structures as a result of trying to avoid "Unnecessary Bends."  So then I don't take the CLD to avoid this situation altogether, for which Employers ding me for not owning CLD because of "Unnecessary Bends."  So I end up taking the CLD and hide wires behind structures to avoid "Unnecessary Bends."

Message 21 of 24
(1,195 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

I hide wires behind structures because NI dings me for "Unnecessary Bends" when I take the CLD.  But then...they ding me for hiding wires behind structures as a result of trying to avoid "Unnecessary Bends."  So then I don't take the CLD to avoid this situation altogether, for which Employers ding me for not owning CLD because of "Unnecessary Bends."  So I end up taking the CLD and hide wires behind structures to avoid "Unnecessary Bends."

There is some limit for the number of "Unnecessary Bends" before you get dinged.  It is an automatic ding for hiding wires behind structures.  So wire around your structures would be preferable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,181 Views)

@zou wrote:

NI never released the feature, so, in that sense, you never had it to begin with, so, no, you can't have it back. 🙂
But, joking aside: It is unlikely that this will return. We made some other drawing changes that broke this token's behavior -- no one here even noticed because that token isn't on the testing list because it isn't officially part of LV and we've decided not to persue that feature. If anything, we'll probably delete the token entirely at some point, but it isn't even worth the effort to delete the token right now since it isn't getting in the way of anything on our side.

@crossrulz wrote:
There is some limit for the number of "Unnecessary Bends" before you get dinged.  It is an automatic ding for hiding wires behind structures.  So wire around your structures would be preferable.

I know you can have at least four and I think five bends before the ding. Four is enough to come out of the node, go to the top/bottom of the structure, across the structure's width, back to the midpoint of the structure and into the next node.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(1,159 Views)

@AristosQueue (NI) wrote:

@zou wrote:

NI never released the feature, so, in that sense, you never had it to begin with, so, no, you can't have it back. 🙂
But, joking aside: It is unlikely that this will return. We made some other drawing changes that broke this token's behavior -- no one here even noticed because that token isn't on the testing list because it isn't officially part of LV and we've decided not to persue that feature. If anything, we'll probably delete the token entirely at some point, but it isn't even worth the effort to delete the token right now since it isn't getting in the way of anything on our side.

@crossrulz wrote:

I know you can have at least four and I think five bends before the ding. Four is enough to come out of the node, go to the top/bottom of the structure, across the structure's width, back to the midpoint of the structure and into the next node.  🙂

I was wondering about the "arbitrary" value of 4 for the amount of bends.  I knew it wasn't really arbitrary, but I couldn't come up with a reason for it, either.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(1,138 Views)