LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire labels moving out of position

Hello all,

I'm having a very frustrating issue with my wire labels. For some reason, all my wire labels seem to get moved up and I have to go back and reposition them. It seems to happen each time I open labview. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about. The ones that are in the correct position I already fixed. The "Index for Inc. Px" should be on the blue wire, the "Serial #" on the blue wire and the "Sealed/ATM Conversion" on the orange wire.

WireLabels.jpg

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,634 Views)

What version of LV are you using?

Are those free labels hovering above/at wires or are they "wire labels"?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,631 Views)

LV 2011. They are wire labels, not free labels.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,628 Views)

The VI was developed in LV 2011? Was it developed on the same machine?

If not, what are the differences?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,611 Views)

The VI was developed in LV 2011 and was developed on the same machine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,608 Views)

Hm...

how big is the block diagram?

Background: The block diagram has a limited size (just as the front panel) where it works correctly. So maybe you left the valid bounds.....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,606 Views)

It's pretty large. My resolution is 1920x1080 and I have to scroll vertically.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,603 Views)

Then i suggest you to shrink the BD to about 1200x1024. You can use subVIs (hopefully) to make algorithms "to appear smaller" in your main VI.

I am not sure, if this solves your issue, but i know that leaving the bounds of the BD has some weird issues in its backpack.

Norbert

Norbert
Message 8 of 12
(2,596 Views)

I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion Norbert. I didn't realize there are block diagram boundaries and they would cause this issue.

Take care

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,592 Views)

As i said, i cannot garantuee that this changes the issue. But i have never seen this behavior on any other machine.

And i have seen weird (different) things with BD growing too large so i just want to give that a shot.

thanks,

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,590 Views)