LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wingdings 3 Font No Longer An Option in LabVIEW 2015

Solved!
Go to solution

My company just updated to Labview 2015.  Within a number of legacy VI's, the Wingdings 3 font was used to display up and down arrows.  Using an image to display arrows is not an option and Alt Codes display as '?'.  

If I highlight the text, the font combo-box displays Wingdings 3, but it is no longer a selectable option in the drop down menu.  Please tell me I don't have to alter every VI that used this font.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,514 Views)

It's still present in my install of LV2015.  If it truly is missing I don't think it's a LabVIEW issue.

Any chance that the font list has it on there but it just isn't sorted properly?  For some reason I have a bunch of fonts at the end of the list that are not listed in alphabetical order.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,489 Views)

I just double checked.  There is still a "Wingdings" font, but "Wingdings 2" and "Wingdings 3" are not on the list.  I'm frustrated because LabVIEW recognizes that it was originally formatted as the Wingdings 3 font, but is unable to apply that font. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CongdonB

Wingdings 3 didn't appear on the fonts list for my LV2015 install, but the font was also missing from the c:\Windows\Fonts directory.

I copied the Wingdings 3 font to this directory from another machine and it instantly appeared in the LV dropdown list (without having to close and restart).

Message 4 of 6
(3,468 Views)

Thank you mateh, you saved me a ton of work!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,456 Views)

Glad it was a simple fix. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,449 Views)