LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows upgrade from Xp to Windows 7 error in FTP transfers

I get the following error from a program that has worked for several years after an upgrade from XP to Win 7 with labview 2009 sp1

Error 66 occured at TCP Read in NI_InternetTK_Common_Vis.lvlib:TCP Read xTP Reply.vi:15->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:FTP Get Command Reply.vi:14->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:FTP cOMMAND.VI:11->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:ftp [TYPE].vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:FTP Open Data Connection.vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:FTP Data Receive.vi->NI_InternetTK_FTP_Vis.lvlib:FTP [RETR].vi->FTPClient.vi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,782 Views)

Firewall Settings? Network Configuration Change (eg. groups, new to Windows 7)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,765 Views)

The FTP server is Running in Labview Real time and I use anonymous FTP

I can Manually from the dos prompt do a ftp get of the file successfully.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,743 Views)

Yeah, I would also suspect changes in firewalls/groups as tyk007 mentioned. Additionally, there are a variety of changes in Windows 7 regarding security settings for applications. It may be that Windows 7 is blocking firewall access to some LabVIEW component, whether it is the application instance or a background service.

I'd suggest disabling the firewall and checking the security/permission settings for LabVIEW. 

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,675 Views)

The Firewall is disabled.

How do I confirm the security settings for Labview.

My FTP communications are all on a private network.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,672 Views)

Hi tsb,

Can you try switching the FTP calls to passive instead of active? This can reduce firewall related issues. Additionally, based on a some research I've done internally, this can specifically help FTP related transfer when uploading to an RT system.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,655 Views)

The firewall is disabled and I set to connection to passive immediately after the anonymous FTP logon.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,644 Views)

Do you have any other computers that you can try this from? Do you have any other versions of LabVIEW that you can try?

Regards,

Michael Whitten
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,625 Views)