LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Media Player size

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a Windows Media Player object in a tab control, so even if I manualy resize the video a split second after it starts to play it still expands my tab control well beyond the normal bounds. Looking in the class browser there are a number of height and width properties that are unser other sub classes (Not IWMPPlayer4). The front panel control is only associated with IWMPPlayer4, is there anyway to apply the properties from the parent class. 

In LabVIEW ref classes I would just use to more generic class, but that does not work for ActiveX. Any ideas on how I can set the size in windows media player and not just in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(3,642 Views)

I believe LabVIEW can't control the WMP size. I tried different approaches and could not fix this issue either. This is an internal LabVIEW issue.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(3,621 Views)

I was looking for the answer to the same question today. I figured out the basic control, and thought I should upload the VI to help the less experienced.

Media Player does not seem to behave great in LabVIEW. It appears to reset itself every time you start it, stop it, pause it, or carry out any other action. So you will need a driver VI that handles each possible case, and re-applies the desired properties every time the user carries out an action.

At least that's how I imagine it. Any other better ideas or implemented code are very welcome!

Message 13 of 18
(3,600 Views)

I tested your code and it seems that WMP still resets its size. Also the Show Controls button does not do anything - maybe it's a Windows 7 WMP issue?

I attached the screenshots below. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(3,583 Views)

The uiMode property specifies or retrieves a value indicating which controls are shown in the user interface.

mini Windows Media Player is embedded with the status window, play/pause, stop, mute, and volume controls shown in addition to the video or visualization window. "mini" with audio "mini" with video

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(3,342 Views)

Hi all,

I am troubled with the same problem.
When IWMPPlayer4 starts play, IWMPPlayer4 seems to change the size of the control. Even a pause was resized.

Is there the method to stop this resize? Or are there other methods to evade?

--

gogomac

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(3,186 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Has anybody found a solution yet?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,872 Views)

Hi, I can't change it to write the windows media player properties nodes with height and width....

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(360 Views)