LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window not big enough on a different PC

I am creating an application with Labview. I picked Windows Appearange as Dialog in VI Properties because it looks like a nicer appearance (not sure if it is related to my issue).

When on my PC, I resize the window so that all elements on the front panel are displayed. However that window size seems to change on different PCs. I saw on one PC where the window is actually too large and empty space are showing. Worse is on a different PC the window size is too small for show everything (see image)

I am pretty new at this. How can I fix this? Thanks.

ScreenCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,140 Views)

Do you have "maintain proportions of window for different monitor resolutions" enabled (VI properties...window size).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,118 Views)

Yes, but this time I also press the set current size as minimum size. Maybe this will do the trick.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,114 Views)

@jbphili wrote:

Yes, but this time I also press the set current size as minimum size. Maybe this will do the trick.

No, uncheck that "maintain..." option. Keep the window at fixed size!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,105 Views)

@jbphili wrote:

Yeah this feature should not really exist.  People were asking NI to come up with a fix for allowing a resizing front panel and this is what they gave us.  Most of the time it doesn't work or doesn't work the way you'd expect.  Lots of times it breaks the UI by moving objects on top of other objects, or moving them off the front panel.  If you must handle different resolutions and lots of resizing, I'd say read up on panes and dividing your UI into sections that can be fit and resized.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,053 Views)

Oh, I should uncheck it. Got it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,036 Views)